Friday, April 24, 2015

Necklace #1: Polymer & Seed Beads

I've been working on three necklaces for the annual Regional Art Show in Westerly. This show draws from a large area and is open to all artists, not just members of the Artist's Cooperative.  It is a juried show using a judge who is not familiar with any of the members.  This makes the jurying process exciting for everyone.

I decided to try some pieces that are different from anything I've done before.  As I get them completed, I'll get them photographed and post them.  Here is the first necklace I made. I made the focal section from a Skinner blend and embellished it with a freshwater pearl and swarovski crystals.  The necklace chain is a hand-beaded zig-zag chain, finished with a sterling silver clasp.  This second photo is a close up of the focal section. Asymmetrical fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment